Facing difficult situations in life... Attitude

  In today's  world of profile pictures, status messages across networking sites....  we see a "Gorgeous" person or a "Picture Perfect" family staring at us  from an exotic location.... makes us wonder why life is good to everybody else but me. 
So don't they have difficult times?
Most refrain from putting the difficult times they go through. I was encouraged reading others blogs of how they faced difficult situations so here is mine. I realize all cannot be said in a day so i'm going to blog focusing on one attribute everyday. These are my personal experiences which worked for me. Not everything would work for everybody but there is so much I learnt from others life. Maybe there is  something here which may work for you. 
     I realized that though we all have difficulties in life it is our attitude that decides how we face it. Difficulties vary person to person.  
I am passionate about cooking as a hobby but I hate cooking everyday......... breakfast......, lunch......... and dinner......... it is a challenge for me. I don't like to be living in the kitchen. I love to spend time reading books, catching up with friends  or just go out. Initially it was the number of  fast food restaurants and prepackaged food which came to my rescue. 
Then I was diagnosed with a polyp in the gall bladder if  left untreated it can become malignant. Malignant/ Cancer are  words we never want to hear from the doctor when we are there on a consultation. About a year later my gall bladder was removed and thankfully it was not malignant. 
It changed my lifestyle.
Eating out was limited and so started my journey of healthy food. My husband and me were on the thinner side and we loved fried stuff which meant we used about a 4l of oil per month for a family of 4 and the kids were just less than 2 and 4. I brought it down to 1l.
 I also learnt to  finish my cooking by 8:00 in the morning and try to have the day to myself. It has also challenged me to come up with  ideas where i can have good healthy tasty food different every meal by spending the least amount of time in the kitchen. I told myself I am not going to be locked in the kitchen and I am not letting cooking time eat into my ' Me' time.  
    Our problems can range from relationships, debt, job, health, addictions and so many more. How do we handle it?


I think the first and foremost would be the attitude.
Attitude can be positive or negative.
 A positive attitude says  "yes this situation is difficult but I am not going to let this situation control me".
 A negative attitude says "there is no problem"  and tries to ignore it  or gets bogged down trying to blame situations and people and expect the situation and  everybody else to change when they would refuse to move an inch.  
So how we look at our problem decides how we will search for a solution. 

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. -


Winston Churchill

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. -


Herm Albright


If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.-


Maya Angelou

It's so hard when I have to, and so easy when I want to.-


Annie Gottlier


We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.-


Oscar Wilde


The only disability in life is a bad attitude.-


Scott Hamilton


Easy to say, tough to follow but it is always good to have a positive attitude.




  Positive attitude how did I get it?......
Believe
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our God Prepares, is Present with us, Preserves our faith

Letting Go... Moving On ... Is possible

Home is where our heart is ....