Facing difficult situations in life...God Prepares


I don't know where to start my previous blog was prepared at least 2 months back but it took so long to post it why?... I realized that when God wanted me to start the blog he had some plan what it was I didn't know at that time but now they have started falling into place. It was like God asking me to document what I believe and then testing me to see if I live by it.

Let me start with the onset of 2012. We started the new year with God promising us saying "I will do new things for you" and  from Isaiah 55:8 which says

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.(NIV) the same verse in NLT is

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine

For 2 years my husband had got about 8 to 9 offers from Indonesia. We were settled in our own house and the boys comfortable in their school and my husband had a nice job we really did not need this change. When the first offer came I Googled  and  researched about the country and I admit I fell in love with it. We prayed saying Thy will be done and just as the offers came they went. By the way none of these was initiated by us. With every offer I think our hearts moved closer to Indonesia.

Finally Jan 2012 my husband got an offer in Indonesia and march 18th 2012 he went to Indonesia to take up a new job. In may our boys Nathaniel and Neville and myself joined my husband. It was a lovely country and the we loved it. The boys made new friends and they really liked the new school and we could see God's blessings.

November 15 2012 my son Neville came back with temperature and in 2 days it manifested itself as the varicella virus or commonly called chicken pox. We did not worry much as we knew it was a self containing disease and we knew a classmate of his who had it. 2 weeks gone it started leading to secondary infection which was attributed to the scratching of the pox marks. It progressed to inflammation of the tonsils and lymph nodes and an ear infection.

On dec 15th 2012 we took him to the ENT who advised us to admit him in the hospital to monitor him as he had been sick for a month and suspected that he may need to have his tonsils removed. A casual blood test on admission showed his HB was 7 (normal is about 12) and his leucocyte count was an alarming 200,000 (normal is 4000-11000). Neville's paediatrician could not believe it and asked for a repeat blood test.

My husband had gone to work thinking it was just tonsils and as I was alone in the room the doctor mentioned the words that "This can be malignant" enough to take me on a spin. The repeat blood test showed that his HB had dropped to 5.4 and his leucocyte were 200,000. Between the tests we managed to book tickets and had planned our journey back to India. But after the test the doctors gave him only 5 hours to live. We could not move him even to Jakarta.

God helped us find favour in the eyes of the doctor and he swung into action and stabilised Neville. He also helped us by arranging to the necessary tests and on Dec18th the doctors declared that Neville had leukaemia of the type AML and the subtype M2 which was of the more virulent type. When I had started the series little did I think I would be in the same situation in a matter of days. God is gracious and he will lead us. Even when we face difficult situations he prepares us and His presence is with us and His promises sustains us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our God Prepares, is Present with us, Preserves our faith

Letting Go... Moving On ... Is possible